Finish Shown: Chrome
Monitor® 17 Series Shower Trim - T17230 $163.20
MultiChoice(R) Universal Tub and Shower Valve Body - R10000-UNBX $47.75
List Price as
Shown (US $):1
$210.95
Where to Buy

Own this product?

Registering it helps us provide the best service.

Want to save this product so you can quickly find it later?

You own this product.

I don't own this product

Need help with your product?

Troubleshoot Your Issue

Product Features and Benefits

• Sensible styling that complements any home.
  • Classically styled faucets and accessories handle the toughest of tasks with ease.
  • Separate volume and temperature controls for maximum comfort. Handle adjusts volume; dial on handle controls temperature.
  • Monitor Scald-Guard valve keeps water temperature within +/-3ºF.
  • For use with MultiChoice Universal rough valve body. Solid brass construction ensures quality and reliability.
  • Easy-to-clean, Touch-Clean shower head with dual spray function for full- or massage spray patterns.
  • Lifetime Faucet and Finish Warranty
Watersense certified by CSA International

This product meets EPA criteria for WaterSense

Product Support, Repair Parts & Tech Specs

Support Information:

Installation Instructions / Owner's Manual

Coordinating Items

Reviews

Classic Monitor® 17 Series Shower Trim 5 5 3 3
Completely Satisfied w/Our Purchase There was a billing mistake which was quickly and accurately rectified. I was impressed with the company's speed of resolution and attention to the problem. Other companies should do so well. The unit itself is a cost effective solution to the problem of a shower stall that is on the small side. The variable control and no scald features work perfectly at all times. We have installed 2 of these in separate showers and are totally satisfied with their quality and value. November 20, 2012
This is and easy to use, user friendly unit. The large shower head adjusts and the temp setting allows easy use. I have this same unit in my own home and like it very much. June 15, 2009
Excellent This shower faucet is a very good buy. Easy to install, excellent instructions. It has a great finish also that resists water spotting. I would highly recommend. December 28, 2008
From time to time, Delta Faucet Company runs sweepstakes in connection with its Ratings and Reviews. Certain of the reviews posted above on this page may have entitled the author to a sweepstakes entry.

Customer Q & A

(5 Questions : 5 Answers)

Product Q&A

Ask your questions. Share your answers.

« Back

Has staff answer
Has expert answer
Classic Monitor® 17 Series Shower Trim

1 answer

Can I purchase just the controls?

We just purchased a home that has an older model Delta shower controls similar to this one with the dial to adjust temperature controls. I would like to upgrade to a nickel finish from the gold, but cannot find this type of controls anywhere in stores, or separate from a set. Can this be ordered without the shower head? If so, where could I order this?
Topics: Purchase
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Customer avatar
by
Stewart
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.
Was this helpful?helpful0unhelpful0

Answers

Answer: 
Hi Stewart, Thank you for your question. A new 17 series trim will fit on an existing 1700 or 17 series rough. The cartridge that will ship with the new trim will fit a valve newer than February 2006. If the valve is older than February 2006 the existing cartridge will have to be reused or replaced by a new RP32104.
We offer some valve only trims in the 17 series but not in the Classic bath series. The T17230-SS is not available without the showerhead. The T17094, T17038,T17078,and T17059 would be examples of valve only trims.
Thanks,
Dave
Skill Level: Advanced
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Customer avatar
by
Read all my Q&A

Please wait while more information about DeltaFaucet2 is loaded.
Additional information about DeltaFaucet2 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.
Has staff answer
Has expert answer

1 answer

Monitor 1700 series trim kit conversion

I am remodeling a bathroom that was built in the late 1990s and I would like to replace the trim on the shower faucet, Delta Monitor 1700 series. I would like to change the chrome trim to the Stainess steel look. Will the Classic Monitor 17 series shower trim work for me?
Topics: Purchase
3 months, 1 week ago
Customer avatar
by
Fletch
-1point
0out of 1found this question helpful.
Was this helpful?helpful0unhelpful1

Answers

Answer: 
Hi Fletch, Thank you for your question. A new 17 series trim like the model T17230-SS will work with your existing 1700 series rough in valve. The new trim will ship with a new cartridge. This cartridge will not work in your existing rough, you will have to continue to use your old cartridge or replace it with a new RP32104 cartridge.
Thanks,
Dave
3 months ago
Customer avatar
by
Read all my Q&A

0points
Project Type: Replacement
Ownership: 10+ years
Skill Level: Beginner
4 months, 2 weeks ago
Customer avatar
by
richard
Texas, USA
0points

Answers

Answer: 
Hi Richard, Thank you for your question. It still sounds like the cartridge is not positioned properly. The cartridge has the words "Hot Side" located on the light gray portion of the cartridge at the base of the stem. Make sure the "hot side" of the cartridge is on the hot side water supply. This should get the temperature handle working correctly. I have attached a picture of the cartridge to show you where "hot side" is located.
Thanks,
Dave
User submitted photo
4 months, 2 weeks ago
Customer avatar
by
Read all my Q&A

0points
Has staff answer
Has expert answer

1 answer

Is my new shower control working correctly?

Builder just installed Classic with separate volume and temperature controls in new shower. When volume control handle is turned, temperature control turns with it (as if joined). If I hold volume control steady with one hand, I can turn temperature control separately with the other hand. They're telling me that this is how this should work. Doesn't make sense to me - it seems that each control should turn independently. What is the correct operation of this type of control? Could they have installed wrong valve or installed something incorrectly? Where can I get written info or video info describing the proper functions for this type of dual control?
Thank you.
Topics: Features, Performance, Assembly
Project Type: New
Ownership: < 1 year
11 months ago
Customer avatar
by
The Rays
0points

Answers

Answer: 
Hi The Rays, Thank you for your question. The 17 Series operation works exactly as you described. The single handle offers temperature and volume control. The volume control will always move the temperature knob but will not change the setting. Check the tightness of the screw under the temperature knob. The temperature knob will cause the volume control to move some, but should still have some free range of motion without affecting the volume. Newness could also be a factor. I have attached the link to the owners manual.
Thanks,
Dave

http://www.deltafaucet.com/customer...
11 months ago
Customer avatar
by
Read all my Q&A

0points
Has staff answer
Has expert answer

1 answer

innovations 2 handle models T2730-LHP for tub and shower no longer exist. i need parts list for these.

are they the same as the sink 2 handle models 3530-24? seems like the parts for tub/shower would be larger. Your rep just told me they are the same and i wish to confirm. He gave me valve part as RP1740 and seats and springs as RP4993.
Topics: Care/Maintenance
Project Type: Replacement
Ownership: 2-5 years
Skill Level: Beginner
2 years, 5 months ago
Customer avatar
by
jan
reston
0points

Answers

Answer: 
Thank you for your questions. Delta Faucet model # T2730-LHP is a roman tub faucet. The innovations handles that we recommend for this faucet are Delta Faucet part # H64 and A64. They are bigger than the handles for the lavatory faucets.
2 years, 5 months ago
Customer avatar
by
Read all my Q&A

Please wait while more information about Delta1 is loaded.
Additional information about Delta1 could not be loaded.
0points
1 of 1
  1. The manufacturer's list price (U.S. dollars) is shown for comparison only. The actual retail price may be different from the price shown.