- CA Prop 65 Warning
- CA/VT Compliant
- Cleaning and Care
- Custom Showers
- Replacement Parts
- Shower Bases
- Sprayer Hose
- Toilets - Features
- Toilets - General
- Toilets - Installation
- Toilets - Service
- Touch2O Technology
- Water Filtration
- Water Pressure
- Water Temperature
Toilets - Installation
No, do not use in-tank bowl cleaners. Products containing chlorine or chlorine-related products can seriously damage fittings in the tank, which can cause leakage and property damage. Delta Faucet Company shall not be responsible or liable for any tank fitting failure or damage caused by the use of in-tank bowl cleaners.
Detailed instructions for installing a Delta toilet are provided in the Installation Instructions that come with your Delta toilet. These instructions are also downloadable on the product information page for your Delta toilet model (see deltafaucet.com/toilet).
- Check to see if the rubber band and tag are removed from the seal (flapper) (see item #4 in the illustration).
- Reconnect the chain (1) to the trip lever (2) or flush valve flapper (4).
- Adjust the chain assembly (1) to remove excessive slack.
If the water pressure to the toilet is too high, you may partially close the water supply shut-off valve. Check the performance of your toilet following any adjustments. If this doesn’t resolve the issue, remove dirt or obstructions from the valve head and flush the lines.
- Adjust the tank water level to match the waterline.
- Fully open the water supply shut-off valve.
- Clear obstructions from the trapway, jet, or bowl rim holes.
- Clear obstructions from the waste line.
In addition to the items that came in your Delta toilet box, you will need a supply line to connect the toilet to the water supply shut-off valve and a tube of silicone to help secure the toilet bowl to the floor. You may also want safety goggles, a flashlight to see behind the toilet, and a blanket or other soft surface to set the toilet on while you install the mounting bolts. It’s also a good idea to have someone on hand to help you install the toilet bowl.