Ashton Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet with Soap Dispenser
Quality product that has performed as anticipated
I installed this faucet myself about 1 year ago. I wanted a high arc faucet and this one fit the bill. That feature alone made using the sink so much easier and more efficient. I did not install the soap dispenser since our hard-surface countertop only had one hole in it. The stainless surface looks as good as the day I installed it and the magnetic pull-down spout is great. I have no complaints with this faucet. If there was one thing I might have done differently, that would have been to get a faucet with the Touch Technology. But that can be the next Delta faucet if this one ever fails to perform.
June 15, 2012
I am thrilled with this faucet. I like the spray settings and the buttons to switch from stream to spray. The sprayer extends smoothly and always returns and locks into position. The sprayer is so handy to rinse dishes and can easily be changed to a full stream in a second. I like the slim lines of the faucet. I did not install the base plate. It really has a modern look to it. The faucet swivels with ease and the brushed chrome is a classic look. The soap dispenser is nice, however, I like the foaming dispensers because they use less soap. It would be nice if the dispenser was that type.
February 4, 2013
Needs design changes
Faucets with the handle on the right side are made for left handed people. When a right handed person is carrying a pan to the sink to clean they would be holding the pan in their right hand. Hence the handle is also on the right side and they would have to cross under the faucet to turn the water on. If the handle placement is an option then it needs to be noted in the instructions. We paid a plumber to install the faucet and he followed the instructions. We did not realize the hassle it would be until we went to use it.
It also took a plumber over an hour to install. The plumber fees were more than we paid for the faucet. We could have done it ourselves but my husband is handicapped and can't get on the floor to do things.
May 8, 2012
good value and artictic
We have ben using this faucet in kitchen for almost 2 years. There has been no problem at all. The performance has been as expected although the handle design is a little awkward. The red blue dots are placed so that user cannot easily identify which direction to turn. Recommend changing it to more direct sight access. recommend this product from Lowes when it is on sale. The price is a little too high otherwise.
July 8, 2012
A Pleasure To Use
This faucet is larger than it appears in the store so watch out for that when choosing for a smaller sink. High quality item that out performs any faucet I have ever owned. The pull out sprayer is so incredibly handy. The buttons on the sprayer to control the type of water flow...AWESOME. Spray to wash vegetables and at the push of a button..fill a pan with water. I love this thing. The finish on our model is stainless, and matches our stainless sink perfectly. Installation was a breeze and a great deal quicker than I expected. It is easily cleaned with a mere wipe-a wonderful thing about stainless. Delta provides a weight that goes on the oull out sprayer hose beneath the sink and it works wonders at preventing the hose from tangeling with the pipes and handles. This faucet seems industructible so durability won't be a problem in my opinion. Thumbs up on this model and well worth the price tag.
June 12, 2012
I really like almost everything about this product.
This product looks great. Is very easy to use. It's a vast improvement over our previous faucet. My only mild complaint is that it sometimes doesn't turn off completely, but I think I just need to get used to it. It was also extremely easy to install. My husband (who's not a plumber) put it in himself and it only took about an hour. Thanks for a great faucet.
June 20, 2012
Looks good. Works fine. Some design short-comings.
This faucet looks good and is easy to install. It swivels extremely well. It works fine, but there are a number of design short-comings that could make this faucet superb.
This is my list of short-comings:
1. Out of the box the faucet includes both a plate for three-hole sink mounting and a soap dispenser. Unfortunately, no hole is provided in the mounting plate, rendering the soap dispenser unusable. Interestingly, the support bracket underneath the mounting plate has the hole, just not the metal upper.
2. The head has a retractable/pull-down head, unfortunately, compared to other faucets, the recoil of this faucet is sub-par. I have to snake the hose back into the faucet to return it to it's base position. Competing brands have much better functionality in this area.
3. The head also has a magnetic ring that holds it in place. This is a nice feature, but it could be improved by putting a notch in the head and in the arm that would allow the head to properly align when it's in the base position.
4. The handle is in the off position when it is pushed up and on center. Similar to the suggestion with the head, it would be nice to have some better feedback to know when the handle is fully centered. The current design leads to a dripping faucet if careful attention is not taken when turning the faucet off.
5. This may be a problem specific to my particular faucet; the head has three buttons, one for spray, one for stream, and one for high stream. When I push the button for spray, the center of head continues to drip unless I fully press the spray button down. Again, a better mechanism to ensure the functional state would be appreciated.
In summary, this faucet could be much improved with a hole in the mounting plate for the soap dispenser, better response on centering the handle to the off position, adding a notch to keep the head in alignment when docked, better recoil of the hose, and improved state of the spray function.
April 7, 2013
This product has worked well
We have enjoyed our faucet. The magnet has been great for keeping the sprayer in place especially compared to other brands we looked at. Our only minor complaint is the sprayer button seems to get stuck when going back to it's normal flow.
June 17, 2012