Hand Shower w/ Transfer Valve - Roman Tub

Download Image

  • bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-4.0.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 54ms
  • bvseo-msg: The resource to the URL or file is currently unavailable.;
  • 4-setting hand shower
  • 69" hose included
  • Backed by Delta Faucet's Lifetime Limited Warranty
  • WaterSense® Labeled
Finish: Stainless
List Price*: $668.50
Base Parts
List Price*: $668.50
  • Hand shower must mount on deck; Handle can mount on deck or wall
  • 69" long hose provides extended reach
  • Flexible mounting arrangement allows design flexibility

Special Features

Installation Information

  • Flow Rate: 1.75 gpm @ 80 psi, 6.6 L/min @ 552 kPa
  • Spray Settings: Full Body Spray
  • bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-4.0.0
  • CLOUD, getReviews, 11ms
  • bvseo-msg: The resource to the URL or file is currently unavailable.;

Will the transfer valve act as a "mixing valve", if I hook it directly to the hot and cold sources?

IN other words, I don't want to be able to use the hand shower ONLY when the main tub filler is on. I want to be able to fill the tub, with a Trinsic wall mount, and be able to use the hand shower, and control it from inside the tub. OR, would I need to get a 2nd R3510-WL valve and hook it to the hand shower?
Asked by: Q-Built
Hi Q-Built, Thank you for your question. The Delta Transfer valve RP14979SS is designed as deck mounted on/off function for a Roman/Whirlpool/Garden Tub faucets. The Delta R3510-WL rough-in valve is intended for use with a wall mount lavatory sink only as it has a flow rate of 1.2 gallons per minute. We do not manufacture any wall mounted Roman/Whirlpool/Garden Tub faucets or spouts. Best regards, Tanya
Answered by: Tanya
Date published: 2018-01-22

What valve would be needed for this and a tub filler?

I'd like to have a Roman tub filler with a handshower where the handshower is installed near the middle to the head end of the tub, 3 - 5 feet from the main filler and valve. I've seen pictures so I know its possible in some way. Would this Roman Tub Handshower with Transfer Valve be able to be installed 3 - 5 feet from the main valve and filler? Would a special valve be needed or would the standard R4707 Flexible Roman Tub with Hand shower Rough work? Thanks!
Asked by: momelisse
Thank you for your question. It is possible to install Delta Faucet model # RP14979 farther away than normal from your main valve and spout. You will need to install extra piping to reach the transfer valve that is not supplied by us. You will not need an special valve as the transfer valve will pull the water to the handheld shower.
Answered by: Delta1
Date published: 2013-10-22

Is this compatible with any Delta faucet?

I already use a Delta 3-hole widespread tub faucet (filler with knobs). Can I add this onto my existing faucet set-up or must I buy a whole new faucet-with-hand-shower combo? I saw your diagram but don't understand as diverter and hand shower appear to be installed on a lower elevation from the tub filler and knobs, which does not make any sense. What line should the transfer valve line run to/from; can you please explain?
Asked by: Jen
Thank you for your question. Delta Faucet model # RP14979 is used when you are adding a handshower to an existing roman tub faucet. You will need two holes for the installation and they can be installed along the same lines as the faucet.
Answered by: Delta
Date published: 2013-10-22

I have a Roman Tub faucet and spout. Three holes for hot/cold/spout. Can this handshower be used?

If necessary I would purchase a whole new unit
Asked by: Baila
You would need an additional two holes for this, and access to the valves underneath.
Answered by: JessiL
Date published: 2014-01-18

Do you have a diagram of a transfer valve? Or an exploded view?

Asked by: Mike
Thank you for your question, Mike! Below is a Parts Diagram of a Transfer Valve. Please be aware that some models may use different parts depending on the collection and age. Best regards, Edward
Answered by: Delta Faucet
Date published: 2019-08-14

Re: The above hand shower

What's the size hole required for the threaded pipe (which houses the diverter assembly) which protrudes through the tub rim?
Asked by: Chuck
Thank you for your question. Delta Faucet model # RP14979 needs a hole size of 1-1/2 inches for the diverter assembly. Included here are the specs for the product just in case you needed any other measurements.
Answered by: Delta1
Date published: 2013-10-22

In followup, will using a single line feed have any effect on flow rate and can the valve shut off the tub and sprayer at the same time?

Asked by: Bath_Man
Hi Bath_Man, Thank you for your follow up question. Going through the transfer valve will slighty lower the water flow. The valve will only divert the water from the tub and sprayer. It will not stop the water flow. Thanks, Dave
Answered by: DeltaFaucet2
Date published: 2015-03-25

When replacing the extender in the transfer valve, must it fit tightly? And why is the extender in two parts?

Asked by: Mike
Thank you for your question, Mike! The transfer valve had a diverter and an extender that will fit on top. The Sleeve and nut should keep this firmly in place but it should not be over-tightened. 1/4-full turn past hand tight should suffice. Best regards, Edward
Answered by: Delta Faucet
Date published: 2019-08-14
  • y_2019, m_11, d_15, h_17CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_3.0.2
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_10
  • loc_en_US, sid_RP14979SS, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=HAS_STAFF_ANSWERS, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_deltafaucet
  • bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-4.0.0
  • CLOUD, getContent, 100ms