Tub Spout - Pull-Up Diverter

Model#: RP5834

Download Image

  • bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-4.0.0
  • CLOUD, getAggregateRating, 146ms
  • bvseo-msg: The resource to the URL or file is currently unavailable.;
California Prop 65 WARNING
Finish: Chrome
List Price*: $42.95
Base Parts
List Price*: $42.95

Product Support, Repair Parts & Technical Specifications

Installation Information

  • bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-4.0.0
  • CLOUD, getReviews, 15ms
  • bvseo-msg: The resource to the URL or file is currently unavailable.;

what Delta tub spouts in brushed nickel are compatible with the RP12307 adapter?

Asked by: Bill
Hi Bill, Thank you for your question. We do not offer a diverter tub spout in the (BN) brushed nickel finish that uses the RP12307 tub spout adapter. We do offer several models in our (SS) brilliance stainless finish that is a brushed finish similar to other brands brushed nickel tht use the adapter. Models include the RP19820SS, RP53419SS, RP61269SS, RP52148SS, RP77091SS, and RP52153SS. Thanks, Dave
Answered by: DeltaFaucet2
Date published: 2015-05-11

Adapter problem

Is there a way to unscrew the adapter from the spout? I was replacing the copper pipe and I had screwed the adapter onto my pipe to make sure the distance from the wall was right, then unscrewed the spout in order to cut the pipe. The problem is the adapter is recessed in the spout now and I can't figure out how it to get it to the end of the spout. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Asked by: Titans1
Hi Titans1, Thank you for your question. You can try holding the adapter in place with the ends of needle nose pliers or by screwing in a 6" pipe nipple into the adapter and then unthreading the spout. Thanks, Dave
Answered by: DeltaFaucet2
Date published: 2015-03-31

Does this faucet slip on or screw on?

Asked by: bobby
Thank you for your question, bobby! Model RP5834 can be soldered to 1/2" copper pipe or threaded onto 1/2" IPS and comes with the RP12307 brass adapter which simply unscrews from the plastic insert of the spout if not needed. Best regards, Edward
Answered by: Delta Faucet
Date published: 2018-12-23

Do you have this model in a brushed nickel or satin finish?

I have this divertor on my tub and have replaced all components in my bathroom with satin finish. The problem is that the previous owner soldered the copper adaptor to the existing pipe so I'm unable to put any other spout on my tub because of this. I'd love to get this spout in something other than that shiny chrome. Thanks!
Asked by: Mrsc68
Hi, Mrsc68! Thank you for your question. We do have the tub spout, RP19820SS which is in our BrillianceStainless Steel finish that would use the RP33794 adapter. Best Regards, Rosanna
Answered by: Rosanna
Date published: 2017-12-15

Where can I find a list of spouts that are compatible with the RP33794 adapter?

This adapter has been soldered onto the wall pipe by the previous owners. Where can I find a list of compatible spouts?
Asked by: Mrsc68
Hello Mrsc68, Thank you for your inquiry! The Delta RP19820 and RP5836 are the only diverter slip-on tub spouts that come with the RP33794 adapter assembly in them. Best regards, Tanya
Answered by: Tanya
Date published: 2018-01-02

We wish to replace what we think based on the photo is a RP5834 spout. What spout will work in oil rubbed bronze finish? Is Venetian Bronze the same?

Asked by: Bbon
Hi Bbon, Thank you for your question! This tub spout uses the RP12307 adapter. You can replace the spout with any model that uses this adapter. Unfortunately, we do not have any models in the Oil Rubbed Bronze finish that uses the RP12307. However, we do have Venetian Bronze tub spouts that do. They are similar finishes, but not an exact match. Venetian Bronze is a dark brown color with bronze markings throughout the finish. Oil Rubbed Bronze has more contrast. It is a very dark brown color (almost black) with bronze highlights only along the edges. If a tub spout does have the RP12307 adapter, it will state in the product description that it can be sweat onto 1/2" copper pipe or threaded onto 1/2" IPS. Best regards, Jon
Answered by: DeltaFaucet3
Date published: 2017-07-26

RP5834 is a crome spout that threads onto the rp12307

I am looking for one in SS or BN. Can you help me with a part number
Asked by: Carl
Hi Carl, Thank you for your question. The RP19820SS is a diverter tub spout that will screw onto the RP12307 adapter in the brilliance stainless (SS) finish. Thanks, Dave
Answered by: DeltaFaucet2
Date published: 2014-07-24

The installation instructions are torn and I can't see the diagram for measurments. Is there a specific PDF for the installation of this Spout?

Asked by: KD
Thank you for your question. Directions for installation of Delta Faucet model # RP5834 come on a card in the clamshell. Below find the instructions copied from that card: 1. Connect bottom outlet to spout using NEW piece of 1/2” threaded pipe installed so that end of nipple projects out from wall surface 5/8” to 1-5/8”. 2. Apply plumber tape to pipe threads and hand tighten adapter onto nipple. Finish tightening with adjustable wrench one additional turn. 3. Hand tighten tub spout onto adapter taking care not to damage the o-ring. Important: Tighten spout a minimum of one additional turn or until all slack is taken up behind wall.
Answered by: Delta
Date published: 2013-10-22
  • y_2019, m_2, d_18, h_19CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_2.0.11
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_21
  • loc_en_US, sid_RP5834, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=HAS_STAFF_ANSWERS, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_deltafaucet
  • bvseo_sdk, java_sdk, bvseo-4.0.0
  • CLOUD, getContent, 164ms