What is the tread size on the back of this. I have a delta right now that is about 15 years old and is not working. The tub spout has a one inch adapter to it that is soldered onto the copper. I want to get one that I don't need to replace that.
Thank you for your question. Delta Faucet model # T13420-SSPD will work for your application. When you go to put your new tub spout on, there will be a brass adapter inside. Remove the brass adapter and thread it onto the one that is already soldered onto your copper pipe.
Date published: 2013-10-22
what does pd stand for/
Thank you for your inquiry! The "PD" at the end of the Delta Classic Tub and Shower T13420-SSPD faucet, stands for the Pull-Down Diverter tub spout, that comes with it.
Date published: 2018-03-27
delta tub shower faucet features
1) how is the volume, temperature selected in use: for example, is temperature by rotation and volume by movng handle in / out similar to the classic Delta kitchen faucet ?
and if the temperature is so selected, can the volume be turned off so that subsequent operation can resume at the same temperature setting by volume alone ?
2) which valve bodies may be used with this trim ? is it true that different valve bodies with extra features like water shutoff stops can be used ?
3) which cartridges will work ? for example is there a thermostatic cartridge ?
4) what are the dimensions of the hole(s) that are required in the tile wall ? I have access from the rear for mounting the valve body so only want to make holes in the tile of the exact size needed - no more, no less.
5) the diverter spout shown appears to operate by pulling the tip down for tub, pushing up for shower - is that correct . And, which is the default lock position, I almost never use the tub position (except for cleaning ) so would prefer the tub spout to be normally closed .
whew ... thanks
Hi Idler, Thank you for your questions about the features of the model T13420-PD tub/shower trim.
1) The faucet only offers temperature control by rotating the handle counter-clockwise the temperature rises from cold to hot. There is no volume control.
2) Any of the R10000 mulitichoice universal rough ins will work with this trim. The most commonly used are the R10000-UNBX, and the R10000-UNWS that includes the screwdriver stops.
3) The trim comes with our RP46074 single function pressure balanced cartridge. Our T17T trims come with a thermostatic cartridge. All of our trims work with the R10000 rough.
4) The plasterguard that the hole is cut to measures 4" x 4".
5) The pull down tub spout will have water coming out of the spout when the faucet is turned on and diverts to the shower head when the spout is pulled down. The diverter pops back into place when the water is shut off. There is no locking position.
Date published: 2015-01-23
I have a Monitor 1300 or 1400 series shower assembly. What trim kits are compatible in brushed nickel?
I have a Monitor 1300 or 1400 series shower assembly in polished brass that I would like to replace with a trim kit in brushed nickel. What kits are compatible with this valve series? It was purchase in the late 1990s or early 2000's.
Thank you for your question!
Any new trim that starts with T13 or T14 will work with the existing Monitor 1300 and 1400 series rough valve.
Date published: 2016-10-26
Replacement of Shower & Tub Fixtures
I have a 1970's Delta Shower & Tub Faucet with the diverter coming through a hole in the Hot & Cold face plate 4" round. I want to replace the fixtures but keep the same valve if at all possible. There are no leaks behind the wall & the valve is soldered in to the copper pipes. Does the Classic 13 with the diverter on the spout use the same valve that I already have or does Delta have a different fixture to accommodate this valve?
Hi Wild Bill, Thank you for your question. The Classic 13 does not use the same valve as your existing faucet. If you have to lift your current faucet handle to turn the faucet on you have a 600 series. We offer the RP54870 renovation kit for this series in chrome, venetian bronze(RB), and brilliance stainless(SS) finishes. You will have to plug the push button diverter with RP2865 and use a diverter tub spout to update the trim. The only other series sold in the 1970's is the1600 series which would require a complete faucet change including the rough in valve.
Date published: 2015-03-02