Celebrate the season with a #Happimess
Autumn is a fantastic time to celebrate all the new flavors of the season: spice, sweets and apples. With a few simple ingredients and some little helpers in the kitchen, you can create a delicious and fun #Happimess. It’s a great way to make gooey and sticky treats that everyone can enjoy.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A muffin tin with cupcake liners
- A bushel of apples (pick your favorite; we love Granny Smith)
- Lime juice or lemon-lime soda to prevent the apples from turning brown (if desired)
- Sturdy paper lollipop sticks
- Microwaveable caramel, chocolate or white chocolate
- A mug for each person
- Dip to fill each cupcake liner (mini marshmallows, brown sugar and cinnamon, chopped peanuts or pecans, graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips, toffee chips, coconut shavings, etc.)
- Have an adult cut up the apples into slices and skewer the slices onto the lollipop sticks.
- If you want to prevent the apples from turning brown, dunk them in lime juice or lemon-lime soda.
- Place a cupcake liner in each slot of the muffin tin.
- Fill each liner with a delicious dip (feel free to add some ideas of your own).
- Microwave the caramel or chocolate in a mug.
- Dip your skewered apple first into the melted caramel or chocolate, and then into your favorite treat in the muffin tin.
- Enjoy and have fun making delicious combinations and a #Happimess!
You can even create a list of each family member’s favorite combinations to remember for next year. Be sure to take photos of each person with his or her favorite “recipe.” Hint: If you combine graham cracker crumbs, mini-marshmallows and chocolate, you’ve got an apple s’more! What caramel apple combinations are your favorite?