We’ve handpicked our favorite jams to help you tackle just about any mess
Cleaning sucks. We get that. But with the right music, it can suck a little less. Here are our favorite songs to help you turn that plain old mess into a #HappiMess.
- She Works Hard for the Money by Donna Summer. OK, so you’re not getting paid to clean your own house, but you sure are working hard.
- No Diggity by Blackstreet and Dr. Dre. They like the way you work it, and by “it” they mean that vacuum cleaner.
- Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners. Play this when you call your friend Eileen and beg her to come over to help you clean.
- I Want It That Way by the Backstreet Boys. Cleaning is a good time to embrace your inner type A and get totally off track by spending two hours organizing your junk drawer. “I said I want it THAT way!”
- Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson. It’s much easier to talk to the man in the mirror (and ask him to change his ways) when the dust is gone and you can see him.
- Dirrty by Christina Aguilera. No cleaning playlist would be complete without this jam. But there’s no need to try to replicate Aguilera’s dance moves from the video. Trust us, it isn’t pretty.
- Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. Literally, shake the dirt off that doormat.
- Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard. But please, for the love of the cleaning gods, put a towel down before you do.
- All That She Wants by Ace of Base. At this point, all that she wants is a housekeeper.
- I Believe in a Thing Called Love by The Darkness. Bet you forgot about this song, didn’t you? Get ready to hit the high notes when the chorus drops.
- So Fresh, So Clean by OutKast. Ain’t nobody dope as you—or that spotless house of yours.
Click to listen: Clean House