Now that your new Delta faucet is installed and you’ve taken the obligatory pictures to share on social media, you’ll need a game plan for how to keep it sparkling. A beautiful faucet is a great investment, and, with minimal care, it can continue to add value to your home for years to come. Here are some of our best tips for keeping your faucet clean:
Gentle Touch: Be sure to gently blot any water from the faucet’s surface.
Avoid Evaporation: Allowing water to evaporate on the surface of your faucet can lead to a buildup of mineral deposits.
Soft Spot: To remove water spots, use warm water and a soft, damp cloth.
Hard Spot: To remove hard water stains, use a solution of 50/50 white vinegar and water.
Clean Slate: Be sure to rinse the surface clean with water to remove any debris (and don’t forget to blot it dry).
The following products are safe to use on all Delta Faucet finishes, when used according to the manufacturers’ instructions for use:
- Formula 409® Antibacterial All-Purpose Cleaner
- Fantastik® All-Purpose Cleaner
- Windex® Original Glass Cleaner
Other gentle all-purpose or multi-surface cleaners may also be used. Please do not use anything labeled "all-purpose bathroom cleaner." If you have questions about specific cleaners, please contact us (see below).
Things to Avoid
Avoid the following, which can cause damage to your finish:
A Brilliant Innovation
- Industrial and abrasive cleaners, such as those used for toilet bowls; green Scotch-Brite™ heavy-duty scrub sponges; Scrubbing Bubbles® Bathroom Cleaner; Lysol® Basin Tub and Tile Cleaner; and Soft Scrub®
- Products that state on the label that they remove tarnish and rust, and those containing hydrofluoric, hydrochloric and/or phosphoric acids and caustic agents
- Harsh abrasives or polishes
- Bleach-based cleaners
When choosing a faucet finish, consider an innovative choice that will help keep your faucet or shower looking like new for life. Brilliance finishes are durable, long-lasting and guaranteed not to corrode, tarnish or discolor. When tested against more than 100 household cleaners, these scratch-resistant finishes can even withstand repeated scouring with steel wool. This technology will help keep your faucet in great shape even after years of cleaning.
For more answers to frequently asked questions, connect with us online or call the Delta Help Line at 1-800-345-Delta (3358).