What’s the latest home interior color trend we’re absolutely loving? Sage. This mellow shade of green is back in vogue, and we can’t wait for homeowners and renters to start incorporating the tone into their homes. When done well, today’s sage isn’t matronly or staid—the color feels both fresh and modern. Here are a few easy ways to go green in your home.
1. If you want to add a soothing touch to your kitchen, bath or bedroom, gather some sage-colored accents. Select accessories that bring in the trend—hand towels, small vases and artwork are a great place to start.
2. For a natural touch, bring in greenery that illustrates and illuminates the color.
4. We love light sage in kitchens and spa-like bathrooms, but we also adore a darker, more intense version in a first-floor powder room.
5. Cabinets in sage green are a major design hit. Whether you use them in your kitchen, bathroom or bar area, painted cabinets are both daring and classic.
6. To really make this shade pop, pair your cabinets with an accent color like Champagne Bronze—the combination of cool and warm tones is a stellar mix. Cabinet pulls in this finish contrast well with sage and bring additional light and warmth to the interior.
7. While adding a Champagne Bronze faucet to your kitchen or bathroom will take your design from pretty to epic, other beautiful tones will coordinate perfectly with any range of sage. Polished Nickel brings a stately elegance and a lively contrast, while Black Stainless, the newest Delta Faucet finish, is the epitome of sleek.
There are so many ways to incorporate sage, so don’t be afraid to run with an interesting idea. Design your home to be the one you love the most. If you are in the midst of a renovation or planning a few home improvement projects, consider adding sage. For more ideas, check out these bath and kitchen stories.