What’s the latest home interior color trend we’re absolutely loving? Sage. This mellow shade of green is back in vogue, and we can’t wait for homeowners and renters to start incorporating the tone into their homes. When done well, today’s sage isn’t matronly or staid—the color feels both fresh and modern. Here are a few easy ways to go green in your home.
Cassidy Kitchen Faucet with Touch2O Technology (above)
Sage Green, Frosted Sage, Mountain Sage, by Behr Paint (top, first row)
Blue Sage, Muted Sage, Sage Brush, by Behr Paint (top, second row)
1. If you want to add a soothing touch to your kitchen, bath or bedroom, gather some sage-colored accents. Select accessories that bring in the trend—hand towels, small vases and artwork are a great place to start.
Foundry Single-Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet featuring ShieldSpray Technology
2. For a natural touch, bring in greenery that illustrates and illuminates the color.
Dryden Two-Handle Widespread Lavatory Faucet
3. Wall color is a simple place to incorporate new shades. Sage comes in a plethora of tones, so pick the one that suits your taste.
Dryden Two-Handle Wall-Mount Lavatory Faucet
4. We love light sage in kitchens and spa-like bathrooms, but we also adore a darker, more intense version in a first-floor powder room
Addison Single-Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet with Touch2O Technology and Soap Dispenser
5. Cabinets in sage green are a major design hit. Whether you use them in your kitchen, bathroom or bar area, painted cabinets are both daring and classic.
Addison Single-Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet and Soap/Lotion Dispenser
6. To really make this shade pop, pair your cabinets with an accent color like Champagne Bronze—the combination of cool and warm tones is a stellar mix. Cabinet pulls in this finish
contrast well with sage and bring additional light and warmth to the interior.
Ara Two-Handle Widespread Channel Lavatory Faucet
7. While adding a Champagne Bronze faucet
to your kitchen or bathroom will take your design from pretty to epic, other beautiful tones will coordinate perfectly with any range of sage. Polished Nickel brings a stately elegance and a lively contrast, while Black Stainless, the newest Delta Faucet finish, is the epitome of sleek.
Zura H2Okinetic Pendant Raincan Shower Head
There are so many ways to incorporate sage, so don’t be afraid to run with an interesting idea. Design your home to be the one you love the most. If you are in the midst of a renovation or planning a few home improvement projects, consider adding sage. For more ideas, check out these bath