Does your showroom reflect your brand? Is it designed to help your clients visualize their selections? Does it make room for a variety of style preferences? If you answered yes to any of these, then our merchandising experts would say you’re on the right track. Recently, we asked these display crackerjacks for a few tips on how to create showrooms that will absolutely delight clients. Here’s what they had to say…
- One style doesn’t fit all. Displays that complement modern-, traditional- and transitional-designed products have the most luck helping the most clients.
- Avoid clutter. When it comes to displays, less is more. Using too many items in one space can feel chaotic and be overwhelming to your clients.
- Make products the heroes. Reserve prime selling space for the products. They are, after all, the stars of the show.
- Use lights to illuminate. A mixture of overhead and in-shelf lighting will add desirable ambience to a product showcase and make it easier for your clients to truly see finishes and design details.
- Create space for messaging. Clear brand and product messaging should be easy-to-view, and literature and finish chips should be within arm’s reach.
- Customize your display. Select products and finishes that are relevant to your market. Where possible, include vignettes that help clients better visualize how a finished product could look in their home.
Heed these tips from our merchandising maestros and you will be well on your way to designing displays that truly delight.