Thank you for your question, and I am sorry to hear you are having an issue with your Touch2O faucet. There are a couple of things that can cause the issue you are experiencing. The installation of electronic faucets must be precise to prevent interference in the signal or false activation. Over time things can be knocked around below the sink from the faucet being swiveled and hose being pulled out. If the signal is weak or wires come in to contact with one another or other components it interferes with the signal. Below are items to check for.
Must Do or significant degradation in touch responsiveness is likely:
• Use the stabilization plate provided with the faucet (it is an insulator, which helps the faucet recognize the signal better)
• Use all other insulators provided with the faucet (exception: spout insulator cannot be used with thin-mounting surfaces)
• Make sure the metal mounting shank is at least ½" from the sink bowl or other metal objects (e.g., sink clips, metallic hoses, house wiring, etc.)
• Separate the black wire with the stereo plug as much as possible from the other wires.
Should Do or some degradation in touch responsiveness is possible:
• Place battery pack as close to the floor of cabinet as possible (flat on cabinet floor for best results)
• Maintain a 2" clearance around battery pack (excluding cabinet itself)
• Route faucet wires away from all hoses and supply lines to prevent contact.
• Avoid placing household objects (sponges, soaps, decorations, etc.) within 2" of faucet.
Must NOT Do or significant degradation in touch responsiveness is likely:
• Modify the supplied parts (exception is stabilizer plate—it may be cut for non-standard hole spacing)
• Use power adaptor in lieu of supplied battery pack.
• Bundle wires together.
Should NOT Do or some degradation in touch responsiveness is possible:
• **Connect faucet or battery pack to an earth ground (e.g., house wiring or water lines)
• Install faucet on metal counter top (metal sinks are fine)
• Install faucet within 4" of a metal back splash behind faucet.
If you should need more assistance with this issue, please contact our Delta Customer Service line at (800)345-3358. We are available Monday-Friday, 7am-7pm, CST and Saturday, 8am-5pm, CST. You may also email at email@example.com.
Date published: 2018-04-18